A delicious breakfast delicacy from Hanna at Lighthouse Park Bed & Breakfast.
“We had a couple from Germany stay with us for two weeks one year. He ate a different breakfast every morning but she liked this pancake recipe so much that she requested it each morning for their entire stay.”
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 or 1 and 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Ready in: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: medium
- For Pancakes: Mix all of the above ingredients together in a bowl.
- Grease frying pan with butter and pour in 1/4 of the mixture.
- Turn pancake over when pancake gets bubbly.
- For Pancake Filling: Pre-soak the raisins in hot water (to soften).
- Peel core and slice apples. Mix the apple slices with the cinnamon and sugar.
- Microwave or cook on a stove top until soft.
- Spoon 1 big spoonful (or as much as you like) of yoghurt lengthwise along the middle part of the baked pancake (from top to bottom).
- Add apple mixture on top of yoghurt. Sprinkle raisins on top.
- Roll pancake together so ends overlap. Hold pancake together by placing more of the sliced apple/raisin mixture on top.
- Sprinkle pancake with icing sugar.
- Serve with maple syrup.